Together Again

It's so nice to have Carolyn home again. She had a fairly humorous reuniting with Elisa at the airport that you can read about here. My week at home with Elisa was a lot of fun and I'm really glad that Carolyn had a good vacation. I think the hardest thing to deal with while Carolyn was gone was putting up with the, "I bet you can't wait for Carolyn to get home" comments. The ones that implied because I was male I'd have a harder time with my own child than my wife would. It wasn't greatly offended or anything, I just don't like the stereotype that mothers are the only good caretakers of children. Anyway....



All in all it was a good week with Elisa, but the last two days with Carolyn home have been fantastic. Yesterday we went Geocaching, which we hadn't done in almost a year. Today we went to the city water park and Elisa loved it. She cried the whole way out to the car because she didn't want to leave. The poor girl was shivering and shaking like crazy since the water isn't heated (no need for heaters in Arkansas summers) and it was still cold because the park just opened last week. We fly out to Portland on Tuesday for our summer vacation. We kind of have a lot to do before we'll be ready to leave.

Comments

Popular Posts