The Story of Three Lamps


Shortly after we were married Carolyn & I saw these cool lamps from Ikea that we wanted to get for our home. Not until last year when we moved to Arkansas did we finally buy them. They have graced our bedside for the last year. Last month I seemed to develop a flailing problem while sleeping. One early morning while Carolyn was up feeding Elisa I rolled over and knocked the bedside table with the lamp over on my side of the bed. Fortunately, the lamp didn't break. Two weeks later I did it again and the lamp shattered (Left). So while in Portland last week we bought a replacement when we went to Ikea. When I opened my suitcase, I found the lamp packed tightly and broken (right). Carolyn & I laughed together so hard when yesterday while getting off the bed from Carolyn's side of the bed I kicked over her lamp (middle). 3 lamps down. I think we're going to try a different approach now.

Comments

Popular Posts