OKC

We had a great weekend in Oklahoma City. On Saturday morning, we were able to have breakfast with the Varelas, which was great. So good to see them again, it had been years and years since the last time. The big race came this morning. I was the last of a 5 person marathon relay team. It was really, really windy by the time I started running. About 4 of my 6.2 mile run I was straight against the wind. I thought for sure I wouldn't make my goal time, because I was exerting so much effort just fighting the wind. It turned out that I made it with 22 seconds to spare. It was a great weekend away from campus and now we're ready to finish off the semester. Only two weeks left!
Here is Team JBU:

Our overall our time was 4 hours and 17 minutes. We finished 31/112 in our division. Interesting fact, the race completely sold out each event and they had 19,000 runners today.

Comments

wamaboo said…
Congrats to all,running against the wind has to be a challenge!

Popular Posts