ACSD

Well, I've been in Minneapolis since Sunday at the ACSD annual conference. We drove up from Arkansas on Sunday and I was able to bring my bike along. Me and a couple other guys went on a 43 mile ride around town and I quickly realized there really are a lot of lakes here. We got to see a lot of the city and even rode through downtown. It was so nice to just be in a city again. We've had a number of good speakers and only one really bad one. Donald Miller was one of our keynote speakers (not the bad one). It was the second time I've heard him speak, and in this context it was high quality. I did get the feeling he said some things just to push people's buttons, but everyday since then I've had at least two conversations about it so people are conversing about important stuff. One thing is about being here is that I'm a 'professional,' which is weirding me out a little bit. It has been reaffirming that this is a career path I want to pursue. It's also been great, cause Joe Slavens is here. It's been nice catching up with him and how life at MBC is going. The conference ends on Thursday and by Monday night we'll be back in the NW.

Comments

Popular Posts