That's Just Not Right.

I've always been fascinated with the White House. I can rember at least three different occasions where I've seen replicas of the oval office and enjoyed each one (only one did I get to walk inside). Carolyn & I have been watching the West Wing and I've really been enjoying it.

During one of the episodes a character explains that the eagle in the presidential seal in the oval office rug moves his head from the olive branch to the arrows during times of war. While trying to figure out if this is true (it isn't), I discovered that President Johnson had the floor replaced in the mid-1960s with wood-grain linoleum. It took until 1982 for Reagan to become so embarrased he finally had wood floors reinstalled. The most powerful country in the world had wood-gran linoleum in it's leaders office? It just doesn't seem right.

Comments

Popular Posts