Triathlon


The first ever JBU Triathlon event was a smashing success. We had 100 people (75 athletes & 25 volunteers) and raised over $2,000 for The Genesis House. The weather was perfect and everybody seemed to enjoy themselves. The logistics ran pretty well and no one got hit by a car, so I was happy. Leading up to the event the car scenario was my worst fear and I had hopes of getting 50 people to run. Having 100 people was way beyond my expectations.

At the finish area lots of people said they were looking forward to next year and asking if we'd do it again. I really wanted to reassure them it would happen, but because I won't be at JBU (and neither will the other main person who helped me) I could only say, "I hope so." Another surprising stat was that we had more triathletes than people running the 5K. Carolyn ended up running the triathlon and had a pretty good time too. It's especially amazing considering she hadn't ridden her bike or swam since before she was pregnant with Jonathan before this week.

Comments

Wanda said…
Congrats on the great turn out,no serious injuries & fun had by all.
Way to go Carolyn, you are amazing!
Carolyn said…
Baby, I am so proud of you. It was an amazing event. You dreamed it, and then you went out and did it. It was really well done.

Popular Posts