Nighttime Ultimate

With frost on the ground, the Ultimate team gathered at 11pm last night to play a friendly game of night Ultimate. Carolyn & I joined in the fun. It was totally dark so they lined the field with white Christmas lights and had each player wearing glowsticks (different colors for each team) and we used an LED flashlight disc to play with. I was really cold at first, but once we started running I warmed up and had a really fun time. The field looked amazing with the lights and just a little fog on the ground to create a really cool glowing effect. I was worried about collisions due to the darkness, but there were only three incidents that stopped play. Now that I think about it, I was in the middle of two of those collisions. Both involved people running into me and the only lasting injuries on my part is a mild fat lip (disc vs. face). I know, when a glowing red object flies at your head your suppose to catch it not just let it hit you in the face. I'll try to remember next time.

Comments

Popular Posts