PDX

Someone once said, “Absence makes the heart grow fonder.” Well, this holds true in my affection for Portland. In our first day back in town Carolyn & I experienced many of our favorite Portland things. We hiked from McCleary Park through Forest Park up to Pittock mansion, ate at Burgerville, shopped at Saturday Market (it’s open everyday through Christmas Eve), and spent some time with my family. Just driving through downtown & looking out at Mt. Hood from the West hills is so refreshing. We’re heading to the beach tomorrow & then playing Settlers with friends in the evening. It feels weird being on “vacation” and everywhere I am feels so normal, like I was here yesterday.

Comments

Anonymous said…
The Northwest feels the same way about you Greg. (I'm the spokesman for the entire Northwest now. See what you've missed?)

Shalom,

sonny

Popular Posts