Marriage, Grief, & Loss

Today I went to what I thought would be a marital therapy workshop that H. Norman Wright was leading. There was marriage therapy discussion for the first hour, but then turned to Grief & Loss/Trauma counseling. It was great, but I wasn't really prepared for it. It was very emotionally draining, especially since I've been on edge a lot lately. For example, after putting the crib together I put my hand on the mattress where I pictured our little girl sleeping and tears were right there. If I'm alone and think about meeting my daughter, I'm simply overwhelmed.

Anyway, I'm so glad to have this training and really came to realize that so many people are hurting in ways I didn't know of before. Another thing that Dr. Wright talked a lot about was his dog and how he uses him for for therapy. It completely reinforced to me that we need to get a dog as soon as possible and made me cry thinking about my childhood dog. Don't worry, I wasn't being ridiculously sentimental today, all of the 170 people there cried multiple times throughout the day.
With only 33 days left here is the latest picture of Carolyn's belly:

Comments

The Armstrongs said…
Hi Greg!!

Congrats on the coming baby!! How exciting! you gotta stop by my blog and see my kids... I'm downloading some pumpkin stuff as soon as I quit browsing all over! Glad I found you! Have a GREAT day!
Cathy said…
You ARE going to bawl your eyes out the second you see your beautiful baby girl...count on it...don't EVEN try to hold it back. It's totally impossible!
Carolyn, you're just so cute!

Popular Posts