Lars and the Real Girl


Carolyn & I watched the movie Lars & the Real Girl last week and we really enjoyed it. The Blockbuster description listed it as a romantic comedy, which it totally wasn't. I would describe it more as a character drama. The story centers around the reclusive Lars (played by Ryan Gosling of The Notebook fame), who buys a sex doll on the internet and strikes up an unconventional relationship. Although the story has a sex doll at the center, the movie is clean and language free. It's a moving story about compassion, love, and caring for others that I highly recommend.

Comments

I just watched this video this past weekend too... and I too thought it was super good - I love the symbolism and the message about a community embracing one of their own..... even though they did not understand. Not what I expected, but I sure liked it! Hope you three are doing well!

Popular Posts