Public Chorus

Having grown up in the church, I'm used to groups of people singing. As I've gotten older I came to the realization that people outside of the churchprobably don't sing together that much, okay really not at all.

I was almostbeginning to think that it was somewhat of a "church" phenomenon, adults singing together on a regular basis. At certain concerts I've attended thecrowd would sing along, but it is really the band, not the crowd singing. Of course you've got the random person during the national anthem singing along at a Blazer game and everyone in a five row radius gets really annoyed with, but that's about it. Then I realized...the 7th inning stretch. Since I didn't go to baseballgames as a kid, I didn't know that adults really sang 'Take me out to theballgame' at every game. On fathers day I went to Safeco, and stared in wonder at everybody singing along. Everybody knows the song, but I really couldn't imagine adults singing it...out loud...together...with other adults (who might even be sober) around. It just seems weird, I don't know how they do it with a straight face.

Comments

Popular Posts